- Recently the Central Government has said that the refugees will be shifted to EWS flats in Bakkarwala in Delhi,
- In Delhi they will be provided basic Amenities.
- They will also be given UNHCR ids and accorded round-the-clock police protection.
- Rohingyas are Ethnic group, mostly Muslims. They were not granted full citizenship by Myanmar.
- They were classified as “resident foreigners or associate citizens”.
- Ethnically they are much closer to the Indo-Aryan people of India and Bangladesh than to the Sino-Tibetans of the Country.
Concerns to India’s Security:
- Threat to National Security: The continuance of the illegal immigration of Rohingyas into India and their continued stay in India is found to be having serious national security ramifications and poses serious security threats.
- Instability: It also increases the political instability when leaders start mobilising the perception of the citizens of the country against the migrants by the elites to grab political power.
- Extremism: The persistent attacks against the Muslims perceived as illegal migrants have given way to radicalisation.
- Human trafficking: In recent decades, trafficking of women and human smuggling has become quite rampant across the borders.
Law and Order Issue: The rule of law and integrity of the country are undermined by the illegal migrants who are engaged in illegal and Anti-National activities.