- Recently, to bring about uniformity in fertiliser brands across the country, the Union government has issued an order directing all companies to sell their products under a single brand name of ‘Bharat’.
- Following the order, all fertiliser bags, whether containing urea or di-ammonium phosphate (DAP) or muriate of ootash (MOP) or NPK will sport the brand name as ‘Bharat Urea’, ‘Bharat DAP’, ‘Bharat MOP’ and ‘Bharat NPK’ irrespective of the company that manufacturers it, whether in the public or the private sector.
- The order also stated that the single brand name and the logo of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janurvarak Pariyojana (PMBJP), the scheme under which the Central government grants subsidy annually to the fertiliser, companies will have to be displayed on the bags.
- The objective of this scheme is to control black advertising by fertilizer companies and bring transparency in the system. Fertilizer manufacturing companies are not allowed to buy bags of old design from 15th September 2022 and they have to eliminate all bags of old design by 12th December 2022.
Benefits of this scheme:
- According to the government, a single brand name will help reduce freight charges by preventing criss-cross movement of fertilizers. It has been seen many times that a fertilizer company based in Uttar Pradesh is selling its product in Maharashtra.
- Due to which the demand of these brands increases without any reason in that area and when there is no supply then people do not like to take a different brand of fertilizer even if they are similar. This created brand-wise demand for fertilizers in specific areas leading to shortage of fertilizers while local manufacturers suffered. So one of the reasons behind the idea of ONOF is to stop these things.
- As we all know that the government gives huge subsidy on fertilizer products which is more than the maximum retail price, so the subsidy scheme on sacks will also be mentioned under this scheme.
About Classic IAS Academy
Classic IAS Academy is one of the Best Online IAS Coaching in Delhi. Our aim is to help brilliant minds of the country to become civil servants and make them leaders of the future who can take the nation forward. Our two UPSC preparation institutes are located in Bhikaji Cama Place and Karol Bagh, Delhi provide comprehensive coaching programme for civil services aspirants right from preliminary stage to interview stage. Classic IAS Academy is one of the finest IAS Coaching Center in Delhi.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.