- The NITI Aayog has declared holy city of Haridwar in Uttarakhand as the best aspirational district on five parameters, thereby providing an additional allocation of three crore rupees.
Aspirational District Programme:
- The programme was launched in January 2018 aims to quickly and effectively transform some of most underdeveloped districts of the country.
- This scheme has been implemented along with the central and state schemes. In its successful implementation, there is important cooperation of the ‘in-charge’ officers of the central, state level and district collectors.
- The competition between these districts is maintained through equated monthly delta rankings, so that they are eager to make it a success.
- The ranking of aspirational districts combines innovative use of data with practical governance, placing the district at the center of inclusive growth.
- As per the norms for planning of aspirational districts, each district should prepare an action plan in consultation with the State and Central officers in charge, after which it should be sent to NITI Aayog for final approval of the Empowered Committee of Secretaries constituted for the programme.
- Parameters for Best Aspirational District
It envisages rapid development of selected districts on basis of composite index based on five parameters:
- health and nutrition,
- financial inclusion and skill development,
- agriculture and water resources
- basic infrastructure
About Classic IAS Academy
Classic IAS Academy is one of the Best IAS Coaching in Delhi. Our aim is to help brilliant minds of the country to become civil servants and make them leaders of the future who can take the nation forward. Our two UPSC preparation institutes are located in Bhikaji Cama Place and Karol Bagh, Delhi provide comprehensive coaching programme for civil services aspirants right from preliminary stage to interview stage. Classic IAS Academy is one of the finest IAS Coaching Center in Delhi.