- Tribal-dominated Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh has become the fi rst completely“functionally literate” district of India.
- During 2011 survey, literacy rate in Mandla district was 68%. Another report of 2020 highlightsthat, more than 2.25 lakh people in this district were not literate, most of them were tribals fromforest areas.
- To make people functionally literate, a major campaign was launched on Independence Day2020, in association with the school education department, anganwadi & social workers,women and child development department, to educate women and senior citizens.
- With this campaign, entire district has turned into functionally literate district, within twoyears.
- Mandla is the fi rst district of India to reach this mark, where people were able to write theirnames, read and count.
About Classic IAS Academy
Classic IAS Academy is one of the Best Online IAS Coaching in Delhi. Our aim is to help brilliant minds of the country to become civil servants and make them leaders of the future who can take the nation forward. Our two UPSC preparation institutes are located in Bhikaji Cama Place and Karol Bagh, Delhi provide comprehensive coaching programme for civil services aspirants right from preliminary stage to interview stage. Classic IAS Academy is one of the finest IAS Coaching Center in Delhi.