The 4th edition of Business Reform Action Plans (BRAP) ranking of stateshas been announced.
- The Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs announced the fourth edition of Business Reform Action Plans (BRAP) ranking of states.
- The announcements were made in the presence of Minister of Railways, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Minister of State of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Minister for Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Chief Ministers of Uttarakhand and Tripura, LGs of J&K, Industry Ministers of States and Union Territories.
- The implementation of Business Reform Action Plans ranking of states started in 2015.
- Till now, the rankings of the state have been released for the years 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- The BRAP 2018-19 includes 180 reform points covering 12 business regulatory areas.
- The main objective of BRAP is to attract investments and to increase ease of doing business in each state.
- This time the ranking gave full weightage to the feedback from over thirty thousand respondents at the ground levels.
- The top rankings of the states are Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Telangana.
State Rankings: State BRAP 2019
Performers: State BRAP 2019