10 Apr Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) Released by the President
President Ram Nath Kovind has released the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) and has awarded the ARIIA awards to the two top-ranking institutions.
- The rankings were launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to tank all major higher educational institutions across the country on metrics like innovation and entrepreneurship development among faculties and students.
- The following are the Indicators Considered for the Rankings:
- Budget & Funding Support – 20 Marks
- Infrastructure & Facilities – 10 Marks
- Awareness, Promotions & support for Idea Generation & Innovation – 20 Marks
- Promotion & Support for Entrepreneurship Development – 20 Marks
- Innovative Learning Methods & Courses – 10 Marks
- Intellectual Property Generation, Technology Transfer & Commercialization – 14 Marks
- Innovation in Governance of the Institution – 06 Marks
- The rankings will enable the institutions to take up high-end research, develop entrepreneurship among the students and develop innovative mindsets among them.
- ARIIA focuses on quality of innovations and their impact nationally and internationally.
- ARIIA gives a direction for institutions for future development and make them globally competitive and place them in the forefront of innovation.
The Rankings :-
- This is the first edition of the rankings.
- The Ranking are declared in two categories – Government-funded Institutions and Private-funded Institutions.
- The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) secured the top spot among the private universities.
In Conclusion :-
Innovation has been the buzzword of the 21st century. India has been steadily improving its innovation status. In terms of innovation ranking, the country has gone from 86th rank to 57th rank in just 5 years. Still, more needs to be done.
In the country, research and innovation is being done in government-run organizations and multi-national companies. The Indian private sector lags behind.
- National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 Released
- WHO’s World Health Statistics Overview Report 2019
To generate the requisite talent pool in the country and increase the number of patents from the country, the role of academia is unassailable. The AIIRA rankings will thus give an impetus to the educational institutes. Make them compete with each other and bring about innovations across fields.