Cabinet approves ‘Mission Karmayogi’.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the launching of a National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB) called Mission Karmayogi.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi led the HR council to approve and monitor the Civil Services Capacity Building Plans.
- The Public Human Resource Council (HR) consists of Union Ministers, Chief Ministers, eminent public HR practitioners, thinkers, global thought leaders and public service functionaries.
- The main aim of the mission is to prepare the Indian Civil Servants for the future by making them more creative, constructive, innovative, imaginative, professional, energetic, transparent and technology-enabled.
- The civil servants will be able to ensure efficient service delivery with high quality standards.
- The NPCSCB was launched with the following institutional framework-
- Public Human Resource Council (HR).
- Capacity Building Commission.
- Special Purpose Vehicle for operating and owning digital assets.
- Technological platform for online training.
- The Cabinet Secretary heading Coordination unit.
- The NPCSCB is carefully designed to lay the foundations for capacity buildings for Civil Servants.
- The program will be implemented by setting up an Integrated Government Online Training – iGOTKarmayogi Platform.
core guidelines of the programme are-
- Supporting the transition from ‘Rules based’ to ‘Roles based’ management.
- Allocating work to the civil servants by aligning their competencies with the required post.
- Emphasizing on ‘on-site learning’.
- Creating an ecosystem of shared training infrastructure which includes learning materials, personnel and institutions.
- A Framework of Roles, Activities and Competencies (FRACs) will be developed to calibrate all Civil Service positions.
- For the identified FRACs, learning content will be created and delivered in every government entity.
- An opportunity to the civil servants to continuously build and strengthen their Behavioural, Functional and Domain Competencies.
- To enable all the Central ministries and Departments to directly invest their resources towards creating and sharing the collaborative and common ecosystem of learning through an annual financial subscription for every employee.
- To partner with the best in class learning content creators such as public training institutions, start tips, universities and individual experts.
- To undertake data analytics of data emit provided by IGOT-Karmayogi.
- Objectives of the Capacity Building Commission
- To assist the PM Public Human Resources Council for the approval of Annual Capacity Building Plans.
- To supervise all Central Training Institutions dealing with civil services capacity building.
- To create shared learning resources and resource centres.
- To supervise and coordinate the implementation of the Capacity Building Plans.
- To make standardization of training and capacity building, pedagogy and methodology.
- To set rules for common mid-career training programs.
- To suggest policy interventions in the areas of HR Management and Capacity Building on the Government.
- The iGOT-Karmayogi brings the scale and state-of-art infrastructure to improve the capacities of the officials in India.
- The platform is expected to evolve into a vibrant and world-class market place for content.
- The proposed competence framework integrates with capacity building, service matters like confirmation after probation period, work assignment, deployment and notification of vacancies.
- A sum of Rs.510.86 crore will be spent over 5 years from 2020-2021 to 2024-25, to cover 46 lakhs employees.
- The expenditure is funded by multilateral assistance to the tune of $50 million.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for NPCSCB will be established under the Companies Act Section 8, 2013.
- The SPV is a non-profit company and will be managed by the iGOT-Karmayogi platform.
- The SPV will hold all intellectual property rights.
- An appropriate monitoring and evaluation framework will also be present to generate the dashboard view if Key Performance Indicators.