1. 10 Congress MLAs join BJP in Goa: (GS-2)
UPSC Prelims & Mains Syllabus: Salient features of the Representation of People's Act; Anti-Defection law
2. Worker safety code Bill gets Cabinet approval : (GS-2)
UPSC Syllabus: Social Justice .
3. India can repeal Article 370 at will: Centre: (GS-2)
UPSC Syllabus: : Issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure
4. Bengal port records country’s highest sea level rise in 50 years: (GS-1) and (GS-3)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Climate Change; Tidal port of India (CSE Prelims) Rising sea levels can exacerbate the impacts of coastal hazards such as storm surge, tsunami, coastal floods, high waves and coastal erosion in the low lying coastal areas in addition to causing gradual loss of coastal land to sea. .
5. Single tribunal to hear water disputes: (GS-2)
UPSC Syllabus:Inter-State River Water Disputes in India;
6. Caution needed: (GS-2)
UPSC Syllabus: Functioning of Judiciary; Right issues
7. A demographic window of opportunity : (GS-2)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
8. Deepening #MeToo : (GS-1)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Effects of globalization on Indian society; feminism. Important for the essay and Ethics papers.
9. Turning down the heat : (GS-3)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Environmental pollution and degradation; issue of gGlobal warming Know, what is Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs)? What are the Key elements and focus areas of India's INDC?
10. A case for nutrition counselling : (GS-1) & (GS-2)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Population and associated issues; social Sector initiatives Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
11. Lok Sabha gives nod to arbitration Bill: (GS-3)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Issues relating to intellectual property rights;
12. NATO ally status unlikely now: (GS-2)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Bilateral agreements involving India and affecting India's interests
13. Centre outlaws outfit for proKhalistani activities : (GS-3)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Internal Security; Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
Copyright @ 2010 Classic IAS Academy All Rights Reserved (A Unit of Wezen Education Pvt. Ltd.)