UPSC Syllabus : Citizenship
UPSC Syllabus : Indian polity; Salient features of the Representation of People's Act; Tenth Schedule (anti-defection law)
3. ‘Love jihad’ not defined under law, says Centre (GS-2) & (GS-3)
UPSC Syllabus : Indian Polity
4. Continuity and fiscal follow-through : (GS-2)
UPSC Syllabus : Indian Polity; Finance commission
• There were good reasons for extending the tenure of the Finance Commission as making medium-term projections in the current scenario would have entailed serious risks.
• First, the abolition of Statehood to Jammu and Kashmir required the Commission to make an estimation excluding the Union Territory.
• Second, the deceleration in growth and low inflation has substantially slowed down the nominal GDP growth which is the main tax base proxy; making projections of tax revenues and expenditures based on this for the medium term could have posed serious risks.
• Finally, poor revenue performance of tax collection and more particularly Goods and Services Tax combined with the fact that the compensation agreement to the loss of revenue to the States was effective only two years of the period covered by the Commission’s recommendations posed uncertainties.
5. A case of a maritime presence adrift (GS-2)
UPSC Syllabus : Economic growth; Purchasing Managers' Index
International Maritime Organization .
• It is a specialized agency of the United Nations.
• It works as the global standard-setting authority for the safety, security and environmental performance of international shipping.
• Its main role is to create a regulatory framework for the shipping industry that is fair and effective, universally adopted and universally implemented.
• IMO's work supports the UN SDGs
6. Navy to the rescue (GS-2) & (GS-3)
UPSC Syllabus : International relations
UPSC Syllabus : Governance; Tallinn Declaration on eGovernment
8. Beyond preparedness (GS-3)
UPSC Syllabus : Disaster Management
9. Maharashtra tops list of States hit by global medical data leak (GS-2) & CSAT-1
UPSC Syllabus : Right issues
Copyright @ 2010 Classic IAS Academy All Rights Reserved (A Unit of Wezen Education Pvt. Ltd.)