UPSC Syllabus : Finance Commission
• In its report for fiscal year 2020-21, the Fifteenth Finance Commission has recommended a marginal reduction in the vertical devolution of the divisible tax pool to 41 per cent from the prevailing 42 per cent.
• The Finance Commission was established by the President of India in 1951 under Article 280 of the Indian Constitution. It was formed to define the financial relations between the central government of India and the individual state governments.
2. No room for panic (GS-3)
UPSC Syllabus : Disaster Management
UPSC Syllabus : Environment and ecology
4. A sneeze, a global cold and testing times for China (GS-3) & CSAT-1
UPSC Syllabus : Indian Economy; Government Budgeting
• In the Union Budget presented on Saturday, FM Nirmala Sitharaman proposed to remove the deeply unpopular dividend distribution tax (DDT).
• Dividend distribution tax is the tax imposed by the Indian Government on Indian companies according to the dividend paid to a company's investors. At present, the dividend distribution tax is removed by government in financial annual statement 2020.
UPSC Syllabus : Economic union-European Union
Copyright @ 2010 Classic IAS Academy All Rights Reserved (A Unit of Wezen Education Pvt. Ltd.)