1. : Poor quality colleges on NCTE radar (GS-2)
UPSC Mains Syllabus : Education/Human Resource
2. IIT-H develops waterproofing material using fly ash (GS-3) and CSAT-1
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Achievements of Indians in science & technology
Fly ash: Fly ash is a fine powder that is a byproduct of burning pulverized coal in electric generation power plants.
Fly ash is a pozzolan, a substance containing aluminous and siliceous material that forms cement in the presence of water.
When mixed with lime and water, fly ash forms a compound similar to Portland cement. This makes fly ash suitable as a prime material in blended cement, mosaic tiles, and hollow blocks, among other building materials.
UPSC Mains Syllabus : International relations; Indian foreign policy.
4. : Is the WTO becoming a new battlefront? (Gs-2)
UPSC Mains Syllabus : Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
5. : Evolution and the loss of tail in us (GS-3)
UPSC Mains Syllabus : Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
UPSC Mains Syllabus : Achievements of Indians in science & technology
7. U.S. to open Greenland consulate : CAST-1
Copyright @ 2010 Classic IAS Academy All Rights Reserved (A Unit of Wezen Education Pvt. Ltd.)