UPSC Mains Syllabus : Indian Economy and issues relating to planning; Monetary policy
2. Blackout : (GS-1)
Accurate information is always the best counter to misinformation and treacherous rumours.
UPSC Mains Syllabus : Regionalism
3. RBI’s Goldilocks cut: (GS-3)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Indian Economy and issues relating to planning; Monetary policy
4. The fragility of India’s federalism::(GS-2))
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Indian Constitution and significant provisions and basic structure.
5. The big picture on tigers: (GS-3)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Conservation; environmental impact assessment.
6. Downgraded at the stroke of a pen (GS-2)
UPSC Mains Syllabus: Issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure
7. Facts for Prelims 2020
1. Mekedatu Balancing Reservoir project: The government of Karnataka aims to build a reservoir across river Cauvery near Mekedatu in Ramanagara District. It was first proposed along with Shivanasamudra hydro power project at Shimsa in 2003 with an intention to use the water for a hydro power station and supply drinking water to Bengaluru city.But, Tamil Nadu objected saying Karnataka had not sought prior permission for the project. Its argument was that the project would affect the flow of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
2. Bandipur tiger reserve: Bandipur National Park is a tiger reserve under Project Tiger, in Karnataka.
Copyright @ 2010 Classic IAS Academy All Rights Reserved (A Unit of Wezen Education Pvt. Ltd.)