UPSC Syllabus : Internal security
UPSC Syllabus : Science and Technology; Disaster
3. Govt. cuts interest rates on NSC, PPF (GS-3)
National Savings Certificate: The National Savings Certificate is a fixed income investment scheme that you can open with any post office. It is a Government of India initiative and a savings bond that encourages subscribers – mainly small to mid-income investors – to invest while saving on income tax. A fixed-income instrument like Public Provident Fund and Post Office FDs, this scheme too is a secure and low-risk product.
Public Provident Fund:: The Public Provident Fund is a savings-cum-tax-saving instrument in India, introduced by the National Savings Institute of the Ministry of Finance in 1968. The aim of the scheme is to mobilize small savings by offering an investment with reasonable returns combined with income tax benefits.
UPSC Syllabus : Disaster management
5. The cost of a cure for COVID19 (GS-3)
UPSC Syllabus : Science and Technology
6. Hydroxychloroquine combination allowed (GS-3)
UPSC Syllabus: Science and technology
• Hydroxychloroquine is now a schedule H1 drug, and can be sold on prescription only.
• According to a gazette notification issued by the Union Health Ministry, the sale of the drug from now on should be in accordance with the conditions for sale of drugs specified in Schedule H1 to the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945.
• “Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 26B of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 (23 of 1940), the Central Government hereby directs that sale by retail of any preparation containing the drug Hydroxychloroquine shall be in accordance with the conditions for sale of drugs specified in Schedule H1 to the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945,” stated the gazette notification.
Copyright @ 2010 Classic IAS Academy All Rights Reserved (A Unit of Wezen Education Pvt. Ltd.)