Right to Information Act
Over the past 70 years, many leaders of different parties expressed concern over the appalling conditions of living of this category of illegal immigrants. Not having citizenship or passports or Aadhar cards, they could not avail themselves of any proper employment and so lived in conditions of poverty and squalor.
1. Operation Twist
2. Bond Yield
3. Panel okays spectrum auction plan CAST-1
• The term 'spectrum' refers to a range of radio-waves that are used for communication purposes.
• The telecom spectrum is a part of the much larger electromagnetic spectrum, which includes the entire range of variable frequency electromagnetic waves such as radio waves, x-rays and ultra-violet rays. Only a segment of the electromagnetic spectrum spectrum, made up of radio waves, can be used for transmission of communication signals.
• Since radio spectrum is a limited resource with multiple competing uses, the government apportions specific frequency bands for different purposes such as phone services, radio and television broadcasting and global positioning systems. Having sufficient spectrum is critical for providing mobile voice and data services to an increasing number of customers across the country.
• While mobile voice service can be offered using all the above frequencies, data services, depending on whether it uses 3G or 4G technology, can be provided only using specific frequency bands.
UPSC Syllabus : Indian Polity
Copyright @ 2010 Classic IAS Academy All Rights Reserved (A Unit of Wezen Education Pvt. Ltd.)