Objective of Scheme
The objective of the Scheme is to provide quality coaching for econimically disadvantaged SC/ST/OBC/EWS candidates to enable them to complete in Competitive examination and succeed in obtaining an appropriate job in Public/Private sector.
The scheme will be implemented through the reputed institutions/centers run by the registered private institutions/NGOS. CLASSIC IAS ACADEMY is one of theme.
Eligibility Criteria and Selection of beneficiary students.
- The students must have secured prescribed percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations for which free coaching is proposed to be imparted under the scheme;
- The students should be selected by the coaching institution based on academic criteria/ eligibility test prescribed by the institution itself. However, institution may relax these criteria for SC candidates suitably. In the absence of any criteria fixed up by the institution, students should be selected based on merit prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them in the qualifying examinations for appearing in the relevant competitive examinations for which coaching is to be imparted.
- Sponsoring Department may also nominate some needy students for coaching under the selected institutions.
- Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS residing in Delhi and pass out 10th and 12th class from the schools in Delhi having total family income of not more than Rs. 8 lacs per annum will be eligible under the scheme.
- For the students having family income of up to Rs. 8 lacs per annum, full admissible coaching fee is to be provided by the Government.
- Income, Caste and EWS certificate duly issued by office of the concerned District Magistrate should be obtained from the students by the empanelled institute.
- Benefits under the scheme can be availed by a particular student not more than twice, irrespective of the number of chances; he/she may be entitled to in a particular competitive examination. However only 50 % of admissible coaching fee is to be provided by the Govt. for students who avail 2nd time coaching facility under the scheme. The coaching institution will also be required to take an undertaking from the students that they have not taken benefit more than twice under the scheme.
- Where examination is conducted in two stages viz. Preliminary and Main, the candidates will be entitled for free coaching for both the examinations. They will be entitled for free coaching for both Preliminary and Main examinations as per their convenience. However, there will be no restriction on number of chances for coaching for interview, if the candidate is selected for interview.
- The selected students shall have to attend all classes. In the event of any students remaining absent for more than 15 days, without any valid reason, benefits of free coaching to him/her shall be discontinued and another students shall be taken in his/her place.
Ratio of the Candidates
The ratio of students who have completed their studies from Govt. and Private Schools to be coached under the Scheme will be 75:25
- For the competitive examinations where minimum eligibility qualification is class 12th or above, Category of the students (Govt. School or Private School) may be decided on the basis of school from where they passed XIIth class. In the other cases of the competitive examinations, where minimum required qualification is matriculation, in such cases category of students may be decided on the basis of school where they have passed their Xth class.
- While formulating the scheme, main criteria behind fixing the higher side ratio of students (75%) from Govt. School is that the maximum number of the students from Govt. Schools is actually justified for coaching. As such coaching institutes are allowed to maintain 75% as a minimum percentage of students from Govt. School i.e. Students from Govt. Schools can be more than 75% in a particular batch.
Monthly stipend of Rs.2500/- per students will be paid for local students for attending the coaching classes. The institute would have to pay stipend to each student on monthly basis through PFMS/ ECS or cheque . Cash payment would not be allowed.